Pediatric Supportive Oncology Symposium April 27
Hosted by Coleman Foundation Supportive Oncology Collaborative for Children with Cancer
Please join pediatric cancer specialists from the Chicagoland area in a unique learning opportunity that addresses supportive care for children with cancer and their families.
Date: Friday, April 27th 2018
Time: 8am – 5pm
Location: Mercy Hospital Auditorium
This symposium will provide participants a unique opportunity to engage in open discussions about symptom management and psychosocial needs, learn and practice communication skills, and participate in case-based learning with other providers from across pediatric oncology disciplines.
Specific topics include communication, ethics of palliative care, quality of life and symptom management, common psychosocial stressors for patients and their families, family support, bereavement, and provider self-care/mindfulness. Lecturers and moderators are experts from the Chicagoland area in the Oncology/Palliative Care community.
- REVIEW OF PATIENT CASES AS AN INTRODUCTION TO SUPPORTIVE AND PALLIATIVE CARE
- ETHICS OF PALLIATIVE CARE
- QUALITY OF LIFE AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT
- COMMON PSYCHOSOCIAL STRESSORS FOR PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
- FAMILY SUPPORT
- PROVIDER SELF-CARE/MINDFULNESS
- Free of charge to all CSOC-CC trainees
- OPEN TO ALL. $25/person pre-registation
- $30/person in-person
- Includes: CME/CEU Credit, Lunch/Snacks, Parking & Symposium Materials
Professionals who complete this activity can claim 8 AMA PRA category 1 creditsTM, 8 Continuing Nursing Education credit(s), and/or 8 continuing education credits for, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Nutrition/Dietician.